What we collect
When you make an enquiry with us or buy from us we may collect the following information:
• Your company name, address and telephone number
• The contact details of the people within your company that we deal with which can include their names, company email address and mobile phone number
• Records of your interactions with us, for example emails and orders that you send or enquiries or technical questions that you may ask us
• A record of your account activity with us including details of the products and services that you buy with us.
We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored by tracking software and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioners Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
• Processing your orders
• For statistical purposes to improve this Website and its services to you
• To serve website content and advertisements to you
• To administer this website
• If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
• We will store data for a period of time in line with the warranty period on products ordered.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
If you require your data to be amended or deleted please contact us via telephone or email.
What we do with it
We need the information that we hold about you to enable us to transact with you and to allow us to serve you better whether you are a supplier or a customer. Some examples of how we may use your information may include the following:
• Keeping a ledger of any transactions we make with you for financial purposes and to help improve the service we offer you
• Using your address to make a delivery of goods to you
• Using your account history with us to help us recommend new products or services that we can offer you
Sharing your information
We will never sell your information to a third party. We will only every pass your information to a third party to provide you with a better service, like passing your address and contact details to a courier to enable them to deliver goods to you. We will share your information should be required to by law.
We are committed to ensuring the information we hold for you is secure. We have put in place the appropriate electronic and physical measures to safeguard your information.
Persistent Cookies for Site Analytics
Google Analytics – we use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other website which may be of interest to you. Once you click on these links you leave our website and we have no control over the other website or the privacy of any information that you may subsequently provide while visiting that website.
Your Personal Information will not be disclosed to other businesses or to any third parties, other than those who will help process your order. Owen Catering requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of Owen Catering for mailing or marketing purposes.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information we are entitled do so.
Controlling your personal information
You can contact us at any time to request the information that we hold for you and to make changes to your details. You can do this by contacting us by email or telephone.